The Institute of the Republic of Slovenia for Vocational Education and Training (CPI)
CPI website in English: http://www.cpi.si/en/
Institute of Republic of Slovenia for Vocational Education and Training is a public institution founded by the Government of the Republic of Slovenia and co-founded by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Slovenia and the Chamber of Craft and Small Business of Slovenia in 1995. In accordance with the basis provided by the Organization and Financing of Education Act (Official Journal of the Republic of Slovenia, No 12/96), the Institute conducts research, development and consulting, and is a place where the state and social partners interests meet with one another and connect within the field of vocational and technical education.
The Institute’s main areas of operation:
studying development trends in the labour market and preparation of occupation profiles as well as competently conceived occupational standards,
- development of methodologies and preparation of modern, module-based education programmes for Short vocational, Vocational, Technical and Vocational technical upper-secondary education and Higher vocational education,
- monitoring the process of the introduction of education programmes, evaluation of final examinations and vocational matura and development of new methodical and didactical concepts of knowledge, learning and teaching,
- training and improvement of knowledge of teachers, professionals and mentors in the framework of vocational and technical education, and provision of professional support and counselling to providers of vocational and technical education,
- stimulation and coordination of various development and innovation projects in vocational and technical schools,
- development of modern education tools and education technology,
- participation in professional organisations and EU networks dealing with vocational and technical education,
- management of the National EUROPASS Centre,
- representation of Slovenia within the European Skills Promotion Organisation (ESPO) and at the EUROSKILLS competition in vocational skills,
- promotion and encouragement of vocational education,
- National Reference Point for quality assurance in the field of vocational education SIQA-VET
- By preparing development and professional solutions, the Institute will raise the quality and appeal of vocational education and training. By doing so, CPI contributes to the competitiveness of the national economy as well as to the social inclusion of the Slovenian population.