Click on the Download button to get the tool in a PDF file, which you can print out easilydownload
Steps of organizing the meeting
1. Create a network of contacts: resource – map: you should make a list of all of the possible and relevant partners.
Types and fields:
The school leader (director) contacts the representatives or leaders of the partner organizations personally by underlining the common features and the importance of the benefits for both parts.
Setting the program, the place and the time.
The common goal is important: it can contribute to the greater involvement: a planning a community day, a summer camp or a team-building weekend, etc.
Write and send an invitation letter.
Preparedness of the moderator: he/she ensures as far as possible that everybody is heard in turn, and the possibility of cooperation is seen clearly. He/she is responsible for the summary and writing the reminder.
3. The first meeting:
Name of the partner
Main fields, activities
What can you propose?
Hopes or expects assistance in what?
The good moderator seeks the efficient communication, the balance of the interests and the mutual understanding: the tool “Managing team meetings” is advised here. As many civil organizations are invited for the meeting positive, airy communication is welcome.
The first meeting is first of all for establishing mutual trust and having relevant information about each other.
Next meetings can be held alternately at another partner’s place.
A narrower circle of partners can be gathered if we aim at dealing with special issues. (e. g. drug prevention)
4. When a topic is finished the person who is leading the meeting should summarize the decisions and the tasks to be done for the memorandum.
When the meeting is over the decisions should be read out again and the time and place of the next meeting must be decided (even if there is a regular meeting time).
The memo of the meeting should be sent out or handed over to all participants no later than a few days following the meeting.
5. It is appropriate to assign to a responsible person the duties concerning the partners’ roundtable.
6. Do not forget the compliance of the privacy of the children when processing of personal data.
7. The network can be extended from year to year: the members involve their contacts. Do not forget to update the database.
8. After the meeting special professional relations can arise. E. g. the meeting on providing school meals in the summer will involve the promoter at the municipality, of the social care office, of the school, the possible supporter and the program officer.
9. Does only the school initiate?
Any partner can initiate a meeting, but first the leaders should agree in the cooperation. Later they can delegate a member.
10. Evaluation: give the partners opportunity for evaluation of the meetings as well, as the programs.
11. Use the local forums, news and general public – and Facebook to show your coordinated activities.